Monday, December 8, 2008

Final Week

Oh oh... school holiday is just around the corner. I can taste the smell of it. Well, there ain't much of work to hand in this week as most of them will be the final outcome of the works. Well, i've complete 80% of the work. The only assignments which i need to hand in this week is :
- a web resume, which I've already completed them,
- a short animation film, which I've already completed them, just need some critiques
- an english comparison essay, which I've already completed them last week
- and finally, a photography presentation; which I need to develop them myself in the dark room and I've already develop them. And last but not least, mount it on a presentation board and hand in and that's it. Well, I've not mount it yet but I'll do so tomorrow =P


oh well, that's all the work i have for this week.

Below is the short animation i did. the brief was to choose a designer of your liking and produce a "card in motion" with the intent of announcing a show of the selected person's work. So, I chose designer Kenya Hara. I chose one of his concept "Emptiness" which he applied the design throughout the entire MUJI campaign. besides, his design emphasis more on a clean, negative spaces and to infuse a modern-traditional japanese culture into his design. Thus below, is the work I've done base on the style he did. I don't think i could achieve his style but I've did my best, at least.
Thus, the art direction I'm heading is by using white color as my base color cause white color tends to give a clean look and also because I'm playing with negative spaces to show "Emptiness", serif typeface-adobe garamond pro as it also helps to give a clean look and simple graphic objects done by fine lines.

well... this is not really the finalized one. I've actually done 2 version as the transition follows the beat of the music. So, here it is
programs: Adobe Illustrator CS3 and Adobe After Effect CS3
music: Slowmotion by Kinobe

bloody hell youtube degraded my video. i can't see shit details in my video... >.<" anyway, the words displayed in the video are:
1) hara design.exhibition

原デザイン.展覧会

2) venue.kuala lumpur convention center.malaysia
開催地のクアラルンプール会議場.マレーシア

3) time
時間

4) 12.20.2008
日付の十二月

5) kenya hara
原研哉

6) emptiness







No comments: